Our feet go through a tough time every day with all the rush and pressure of modern life, long lines, and uncomfortable footwear which can quickly lead to discomfort and affect our overall health. That’s why we need to take extra care of our feet and toenails to keep them in tip-top condition. cool stuff, cool stuff, cool stuff
We at Brivda.com put together the 6 most useful foot care tips to make your feet and toenails look simply gorgeous.
1. Keep your feet dry
One of the basic principles of hygiene is to keep your feet dry since moist conditions create a favorable environment for fungus to grow. You can do the following to keep your feet dry:
- Choose shoes made from natural materials that will let your skin breathe.
- Avoid wearing the same pair of shoes several days in a row.
- Wipe your feet thoroughly with a towel after taking a shower. cool stuff, cool stuff, cool stuff
2. Trim your toenails properly
Improperly trimmed nails may result in ingrown toenails which can be quite painful. Here are some useful tips to keep this away:
- Remember to trim your toenails straight across. Don’t round the corners.
- Trimming your toenails too short may result in ingrown toenails or an infection.
- Avoid cutting your cuticles! You can gently push them back toward the base of your nail with an orangewood stick.
3. Keep your toenails healthy
The following procedure will help you relieve ingrown toenail pain:
- Soak your feet in warm water for about 15-20 minutes. Add 1 tbsp salt to 1 liter of water.
- Place clean dental floss under the edge of your nail, and lift it up gently.
- Treat the area with antiseptic, and bandage your toe to protect it from getting infected.
- Repeat this process daily until your toe is fully healed.
If these procedures are not making your toenail any better and you see some signs of infection, you should see a doctor immediately.